You have tried just about every juice mixture there is, but what if you could incorporate grapes into amazing recipes? When you think of juicing fruit, you do not typically think of juicing grapes.
Can you Juice Grapes? You can indeed juice grapes! This can be a delicious way to get your daily fruit intake, and it is super easy to do!
We are going to tell you how to juice grapes, the potential benefits of grape juice, and how to make the most out of your finished product.
Making grape juice is a lot easier than it seems. If you have an electric juicer, all you have to do is put the grapes in the juicer, and you’re good to go! If you do not have an actual juicer, here is a really simple recipe:
– 2 tbsp sugar
– 2 tbsp honey
- Remove the stems from the grapes, and thoroughly wash them.
- Add ingredients to a blender and blend until the grapes are completely liquified.
- If needed or preferred, you can filter out the pulp and skins.
A Potential Problem
Did your mom ever tell you as a child that the skin of the apple is the best part? You probably thought that she was just too lazy to peel the skin off. Although it may seem crazy, the skin on many fruits, grapes included, is full of many nutrients. This is why it is imperative that you have an electric juicer on hand if you want to make grape juice.
Electric juicers will grind the grapes up so finely that the skins don’t need to be filtered out. This way you can enjoy all of the benefits grapes provide. As you can see in the recipe provided above, you end up throwing the skins out in the end if you do not have a juicer. You are losing so many of the benefits this way!
Some Awesome Juice Combinations
There are so many ways to mix your juices to make the most delicious flavors:
- Try mixing your grape juice with cranberry juice. It will help sweeten up the tart flavor of the cranberries!
- Add assorted berries to the juicer to make the ultimate, sweet, refreshing drink.
- If you want to add a little twist to your grape juice, you can freeze it in an ice cube tray. Add some toothpicks to make tiny popsicles!
- Another delicious and fun idea is to add the flavored ice cubes to some freshly squeezed lemonade. This will add a subtle and sweet taste to the tangy lemon flavor without having to add any extra or artificial sugars.
Speaking of Sugar
While it is very beneficial to your health, you must be careful not to drink too much grape juice in a day. Grapes contain a lot of sugar, so you should talk to your doctor to figure out how much is safe for you to consume daily. This is mostly a concern if you have a health condition, such as diabetes. You should not drink grape juice on an empty stomach either if you have a sensitive digestive system.
The Amazing Health Benefits of Grapes
Fruit is known as “nature’s candy” for a reason. It is a delicious and amazing way for you to get your daily vitamin intake. Grapes are no exception. Here are 5 Incredible Health Benefits of Grapes:
- Grapes contain many of the daily nutrients we need.
- They are great for boosting the immune system and fighting off a cold or flu.
- Grapes are known to relieve constipation. Eating grapes daily can help keep the digestive system flowing.
- Grapes are extremely heart healthy and eating them can keep your cholesterol in check.
- They are good for preventing and even treating eye problems.
Are you having issues with your juicer? Are you having issues when making juice the old-fashioned way? Here are some common problems people have and the solutions to fix them:
- The juicer gets clogged often. This is more likely to happen if you juice grapes because the skin won’t break down as easily.
-The solution? You could always peel the grapes beforehand, but that would take forever! You will have to make sure that you thoroughly clean the juicer between each use. This is the best way to prevent clogs.
- The juicer produces too much waste, causing you to lose key nutrients. Most modern juicers are efficient in breaking down the peels of fruit. Unfortunately, if you have an older juicer, there is not really anything that you can do to fix this except buy one that is up-to-date. Luckily, they are pretty inexpensive nowadays. The Nutribullet is one of the top sellers.
Turning your Grape Juice into Wine
Have you thought about taking your grape juice to the next level? You could turn your juice into a deliciously rich wine. This would be the perfect gift for any special occasion! Here is a quick recipe for how to make wine with an instant pot:
- Grape juice
- ½ packet of wine yeast
- 1 cup of sugar
- Measure 2 cups of grape juice and set aside in a separate container.
- Add sugar and yeast to the original container and mix well.
- Pour both containers of juice into the instant pot and stir.
- Close and seal the lid of the instant pot and turn the vent to open.
- Turn it on and set it to the Yogurt setting (80°F).
- Set the timer for 48 hours. Every 6 hours turn the vent to open or close. This aids fermentation.
- After 48 hours, remove the lid and pour the juice into a container. Very lightly seal a lid on. Make sure that there is a way for gas to escape.
- Set the bottle aside and wait for all of the bubbles to go away. This can take up to two weeks. Once the bubbles are gone, the wine is properly fermented, and you are all set!
Can you Freeze Grape Juice?
If you went a little crazy and made way too much grape juice, you may think about freezing it to drink at a later time. Elise Bauer, founder of Simply Recipes, claims that thawed grape juice does not taste as good as it does freshly made. Consider donating it to your local food pantry (if the one near you allows for homemade goods). You can also try selling it through your local farmers’ market. Many local produce farmers are usually happy to take any fresh products off your hands. Another fun idea for the kids would be to sell it in the driveway, just like an old-fashioned lemonade stand.
Who knew that grapes were so versatile? Making juice out of them is super easy and healthy for you as well. Mixing them with other fruits is a great way to add even more nutrients to your delicious drink. Just don’t forget to talk to your doctor if you have any health conditions or sensitivities to sugar.
What do you like to add to your juice? This is the perfect opportunity to sneak in your daily vegetables. Not everyone likes to eat them, and fruit juices, such as grapes, are perfect for masking the taste. Think of the vegetables that you want to eat more of, but do not like the way they taste. Add those to your juice cocktail! You won’t be able to tell it’s there.