Blueberries are packed with plenty of healthy vitamins to keep you feeling good throughout the day. They’re energizing, excellent for your mood, and delicious. Juicing your blueberries will allow you to get all of those benefits on-the-go. It’s fairly simple and super quick, too!
You can juice blueberries to make all sorts of juices, smoothies, and frozen foods. All you have to do is wash the blueberries, toss them into a juicer, and blend them until they’re completely liquified. To get a finer liquid, push the blueberry juice through a mesh strainer when you’re done.
Throughout this article, you’ll also learn the following detailed about juicing blueberries:
- Step-by-step instructions to juice blueberries at home
- Several recipes to use with your new blueberry juice
- Numerous health benefits found in blueberries
How to Juice Blueberries
Juicing your blueberries is an excellent way to get the nutrition that you need. Not only are they packed with healthy, natural vitamins, but they also taste wonderful with a variety of other foods and drinks.
If you want to juice frozen blueberries or other fruits, remember to thaw them down to room temperature beforehand. The extra water from the freezer can dilute the juice or cause chunks to form. Once your blueberries are ready to go, follow these instructions:
- Wash them in a strainer or colander. Put one cup of blueberries into the container and run them under the sink. Mix them around, ensuring that all of the pesticides and other debris are washed off before heading to the next step. Also, toss out any blueberries that show signs of mold.
- Put the blueberries into a juicer. The Omega Juice Extractor is widely believed to be one of the best juicers available. It works quickly and efficiently, saving you time and money without making too much noise. Add a couple of drops of lemon juice to prevent oxidation and add a flavor boost.
- Push the juice through a mesh strainer. Once you’ve thoroughly juiced the blueberries, pour it into a fine-mesh strainer and allow it to drip through. To get an even finer juice, place a cheesecloth in the strainer, and push it through with a spatula or spoon.
- Freeze, refrigerate, or use the juice immediately. Blueberry juice can start to separate very quickly, so you must store or use it right away. As the Juice Chief suggests, freeze the juice in an ice cube tray to use in other drinks that you have later in the week.
Making blueberry juice isn’t too time-consuming or labor-intensive. It’s enjoyable and very easy to make, but the best is yet to come.
Once you have your fresh blueberry juice ready to drink, try out some of the recipes in the next section to add flavor, nutrition, and meal-replacing possibilities.
Finding your favorite blueberry juice recipes will make your meals and drinks much more exciting. Blueberry juice by itself is worth the time, but why not add even more ingredients to make it taste better?
Let’s review some of the best blueberry juice recipes below.
Blueberry Beet Juice with Kale and Lemon
Driscoll’s offers one of the most delicious and nutritious juices on the internet. This simple recipe only requires a few ingredients, all of which are listed here:
- 1 cup of blueberry juice
- 2 cups of kale
- 1 medium, chopped beet
- ½-inch of fresh ginger
- Lemon juice
Here’s how you can make your own blueberry beet juice with kale and lemon at home:
- Peel the ginger and the lemon (unless you’re using concentrated lemon juice). The skin of ginger is a bit too much for this juice. However, you should leave the skin of the beet intact to add some depth to the drink.
- Add all of the ingredients to a juicer, ensuring that they’re evenly placed. Adding solid food before the juice is the best way to ensure that everything gets mixed together and diced properly. You can also use a blender if you don’t have access to a juicer.
That’s all there is to it! As you can see, it’s fairly easy. Nonetheless, this quick juice is packed with energizing ingredients that add a welcome boldness.
It might sound a bit weird, but once you’ve tried this recipe, you’ll undoubtedly come back for more. If you’re looking for a filling meal replacement or breakfast-time snack, you’re in the right place. This recipe from Eggless Cooking is second to none in its category.
Here are what you’ll need for the drink:
- 1 cup of milk
- Four tbsp of blueberry juice
- (Optional) 1 tbsp of sugar
How to make blueberry-flavored milk:
- Add the milk and the blueberry juice to a cup and stir them together. You can use a juicer or blender if you want to mix them quickly.
- Top it off with the sugar if it’s not sweet enough. Stir it thoroughly until it’s completely mixed into the drink. This step might take a little while since blueberry juice and milk are both thick.
That’s all you have to do to enjoy the blueberry-flavored milk. It’s rather filling due to the protein found in milk. The blueberry juice sweetens the drink while adding even more filling ingredients to the list.
Pineapple Blueberry Ginger Juice
For a quick energy boost, try the pineapple blueberry ginger juice. It’s super easy to make, and all you need are three ingredients and a juicer or blender.
Here is a list of what to get for this juice:
- 1 cup of blueberry juice
- ¼ of a pineapple
- 1 piece of ginger
Make your pineapple blueberry ginger juice with these instructions:
- Peel and dice the ginger and pineapple. Chop them into chunks, but don’t worry about making them too small since the juicer will do it for you.
- Pour the peeled and diced ingredients into a juicer or blender, then add the blueberry juice. Mix them together until there’s no pulp (other than what naturally occurs from juicing a pineapple.
- (Optional) Push the juice through a strainer to remove pulp if it bothers you. Some people don’t like pulp, while others don’t mind it. Follow this step or enjoy the drink as it was from step 2.
Blueberry Apple Juice
This drink is probably the simplest and easiest to make on the list. However, it’s packed with an unmatched sweetness that’s perfect for a spring or summertime morning. Let’s review the necessary ingredients below.
- One apple
- Two cups of blueberry juice
- ¼ of a lemon
Here is how you can make blueberry apple juice:
- Core the apple with an apple core tool, such as the Zulay Premium Apple Corer. All you have to do is push the device through the center of your apple, engage the handle, and it pulls the core right out without leaving the seeds behind.
- Mix the blueberry juice and apple together in a juicer until the juice is fully blended. Add the lemon on top or squeeze the juice into your drink and stir it together.
Making blueberry juice is an excellent way to kickstart your day. Whether you’re drinking it for the taste, nutritional benefits, or energy, these drinks will provide an essential component to your diet.
Here is a quick recap of the post:
- Always remove old, moldy, or rotten blueberries before juicing them.
- Consider using a mesh strainer to remove the pulp from the juice.
- You could add a few drops of lemon juice to enhance the flavor of your drink.
Leave a Reply